This seed will study and predict the topological and correlated phases in low dimensional material systems such as moiré systems and quantum Hall systems, and will investigate the quantum dynamics of their topological edge states and other excitations. The studies will be performed through both analytical theories and numerical methods (exact diagonalization, Hartree-Fock, etc).
Principal Investigator: Biao Lian (Physics)
Seed start and end date: September 1, 2021 - August 31, 2022
- Jiaxin Yin, Biao Lian, M. Zahid Hasan, “Topological kagome magnets and superconductors”, Nature 612, 647 (2022)
- Michael G. Scheer, Kaiyuan Gu, Biao Lian, “Magic angles in twisted bilayer graphene near commensuration”: Towards a hypermagic regime, Phys. Rev. B 106, 115418 (2022)
- Biao Lian, “Interacting 1D Chiral Fermions with Pairing: Transition from Integrable to Chaotic”, A Festschrift in Honor of the C N Yang Centenary, pp. 217-242 (2022)
- Yichen Hu, Biao Lian, “Integrability of the ν=4/3 fractional quantum Hall edge states”, Quantum 6, 736 (2022)
- Yichen Hu, Biao Lian, “The Chiral Sachdev-Ye Model: Integrability and Chaos of Anyons in 1+1d”, Phys. Rev. B 105, 125109 (2022)