Partnership for Research and Education in Materials (PREM)
This PREM is a partnership between California State University Northridge, a Hispanic-serving institution, and the PCCM, the NSF-funded Materials Research Science and Engineering Center (MRSEC) at Princeton University.
- to initiate and expand collaborations on research and education of Quantum Materials.
- to broaden participation in materials research and education through recruitment, retention and outreach programs involving high school and community college students and teachers, undergraduate and graduate students.
- to leverage and harness the intellectual power and research infrastructure to address grand challenges in Quantum Materials research.
- to promote accessibility of multidisciplinary cutting-edge research and education experience to underrepresented groups.
- to stimulate and develop strong industrial-university-national laboratory partnerships in materials research.
The research emphasis will be on the development of physical models, numerical algorithms and robust simulation techniques for the study of:
- Quantum Phenomena in Topological and Strongly Correlated Materials.
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Properties of Hybrid Two-Dimensional Materials
- Data Enabled Discovery of Novel Materials for Photovoltaic, Spintronic and Catalytic Applications.
For details, visit the CSUN PREM webpage.