Applications for REU Summer 2018 are now closed
Required Application Materials
1. Online Application
2. One Letter of Recommendation
3. Official Transcript
All materials must be submitted by February 23
REU Program Dates: June 11 - August 10, 2018
On-campus housing is provided
Travel stipends are not provided
1. All applicants must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents
2. All applicants must be 18 years of age or older
3. All applicants are required to have health insurance coverage for the summer
4. Applicants cannot graduate before the end of the program in August
5. Applicants are open to undergraduate students attending a two-year or four-year accredited college, having completed at least your freshman year before participating the start of the program. (For example, freshmen are eligible to apply.)
The deadline for applications is February 23
Selection of participants will be made from mid-February through April.
All applicants will be notified of their status, regardless of the decision by the end of April.
Those selected for the program will be notified by email, with information about a potential research topic and research mentor. Upon acceptance to the program, students are encouraged to contact the assigned faculty advisor, if in need of further information or assistance.
There are 2 advisors to the REU program:
Associate Professor Rodney Priestley, Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering
Dr. Dan Steinberg, Director of PCCM Education Outreach
All applicants should ask their registrar to send an official copy of your college transcript to the address below for hard copies. If your institution offers secured, certified electronic copies, those may be sent via email from your registrar to email@example.com. When describing your research interests in your application, it is important to be explicit about the research areas that interest you. We will then make an effort to find the best match between potential research projects and your research interests.
All transcripts and application information that cannot be submitted electronically should be mailed to:
Princeton Center for Complex Materials
Attn: Dr. Dan Steinberg, REU
70 Prospect Avenue, Bowen Hall
Princeton, NJ 08540-5211
Transcripts may also be transmitted by fax: (609) 258-1177
General inquiries about the REU program should be directed to Sara Rodriguez, PCCM Education Outreach Coordinator, via email or phone (609) 258-8830. Please also visit our FAQ page.