Required Application Materials
1. Online Application (PRISM/PCCM REU Application (princeton.edu)
2. One Letter of Recommendation
3. Official Transcript
All materials must be submitted by March 1.
REU Program Dates: June 7 - August 06, 2021
On-campus housing may be provided pending guidance corresponding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Travel stipends are not provided
1. All applicants must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents
2. All applicants must be 18 years of age or older
3. All applicants are required to have health insurance coverage for the summer
4. Applicants cannot graduate before the end of the program in August
5. Applicants are open to undergraduate students attending a two-year or four-year accredited college, having completed at least your freshman year before participating the start of the program. (For example, freshmen are eligible to apply.)
The deadline for applications is March 1
Selection of participants will be made from mid-February through May.
All applicants will be notified of their status, regardless of the decision by mid-May.
Those selected for the program will be notified by email, with information about a potential research topic and research mentor. Upon acceptance to the program, students are encouraged to contact the assigned faculty advisor, if in need of further information or assistance.
There are 2 advisors to the REU program:
Associate Professor Rodney Priestley, Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering
Dr. Dan Steinberg, Director of PCCM Education Outreach
All applicants should send an electronic copy of your college transcript to [email protected]. If your institution offers secured, certified electronic copies, those may be sent via email from your registrar to [email protected]. When describing your research interests in your application, it is important to be explicit about the research areas that interest you. The essay portion of the application are very important. We will then make an effort to find the best match between potential research projects and your research interests.
REU COVID-19 Notice:
Due to the ongoing pandemic, we are monitoring the situation so that we can make informed decisions that will not jeopardize the health and well-being of anyone involved. Further correspondence will be accessible as new information becomes available. We strongly advise all applicants to check the Princeton Center for Complex Materials’ website and social media for further information and updates.